Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Do you ever feel like a writing widow?

If you have a significant other, in my case a husband, who is a dedicated writer and blogger, and Tweeter, and Facebooker, et al., you can understand the term "writing widow". You support your better half in all of their endeavors, including writing and publishing their works. But let's get real, you wish there were more hours in the day so that you could get the same attention from them that they give to their writing. It's not being selfish, it's being real. It's a fine line you are walking to be supportive of their full-time, and sometimes all-the-time, writing...and being non-conducive to their creative process. With my husband he tries very hard to balance everything, and there are times I feel ignored, let's not mince words. But, in the end, he's doing what he loves, which makes him a happier person and in the end I win. It's been a lifelong passion for him, and I vowed when we got together, long before getting married, that I would support his work, he deserves it.

So, you're not a bad person if you think you aren't seeing enough of your spouse. I think you'd be a bad person if you thought you WERE seeing enough of your spouse! It's human nature to want to be the center of your spouse's world, and I'm no different. I love the attention he gives me. I love his writing. I love that he tries to do both. Just hang in there folks, there is a balance to be found, and you are not the only one who feels like a "writing widow".

Please visit my husbands author spotlight on http://www.lulu.com/ where you can view the first 10 pages of his short story collection for FREE! http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/treefrog98104atgmaildotcom

No comments:

Post a Comment